Sunday, October 11, 2009

Blog Journal #1

Technology is a very important tool in all aspects of learning. Students can really benefit from technology because different students learn in different ways and technology improves their learning experience. For example, visual learners can benefit from power points with slides a teacher can post, as well as pictures to help relate to the writing. When a teacher has a smart board, the teacher can pull up multiple slides at once rather than having to write it all on a traditional chalk board.
It will be extremely effective for myself to use technology in different ways. I would like to become a History teacher and having access to the internet or having a smart board would be very useful and effective. During lessons if say I wanted to show a clip from a movie like The Patriot, I could, just by searching the scene on Google I will be able to show the clip without having to play the entire movie or by fast forwarding through a tape or DVD. When I was a student, I payed more attention to a movie that was being shown, than notes put on the board by a teacher. I'm sure there will be students like myself who have trouble focusing on a teacher who just puts notes on the board, that's why I will try to switch things up to keep the attention of all of my students at all times.
I think that History is a very important subject for children to understand. The importance of history is that we make sure we learn from mistakes and also learn what has worked is past situations. A lot of people seem to have a negative view on history classes, and I just don't see why because I believe that everything that has been taught over the years in schools has some importance to life and developing a proper education. Over the summer I work at a camp in North Carolina and I really enjoy doing it. I take after boys from ages 14-16 24 hours a day and i find it entertaining as well as good practice for teaching one day. Because I wanna teach high school history, I will probably be teaching kids the same age as my campers and hope that I will enjoy it as much as I do at camp. I realize the responsibility and work will certainly surpass those at a summer camp being a teacher, but I am ready for the challenge and excited to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment