Sunday, October 11, 2009

Blog Journal #2

Microsoft Word is probably one of the most useful and most frequently used program on everyones computer. In just about every class I've been in I've had to use Microsoft Word. Learning new ways to use the program will be very helpful in the future when becoming a teacher. New ways to use Microsoft Word can make your presentation for something more interesting as well as more creative. Using bullets, clip art, and columns can make your paper and presentations more appealing. In class I prefer writing my notes on the computer using Microsoft Word rather than hand written. Using Microsoft Word for notes helps you organize your notes better without scratch outs or arrows on the paper, and also it is easier to read typed notes than reading my own hang writing.
My favorite example for MS Word being used is when a teacher can plan out a few months in advance what is expected from you. Quiz and Test dates give students a reminder when they should start reviewing notes to be prepared. A calendar is useful for both teachers and students that can be setup through MS Word. Using clip art for days off and holidays can be nice for the younger students to learn symbols for these days. Having a calendar for the students gives them no excuse not to know when a important date is coming up. As a teacher I definitely plan on planning a calendar out for my students to follow throughout the year.
Knowing how to use MS Word is so important for every teacher. I will for sure be using it almost everyday when I become a teacher. Learning new things about it in my Into to ED class is very exciting for me now and in the future. I hope to eventually know everything you can possibly know about MS Word and use it efficiency to help out everyone i will be dealing with during my teaching experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment