
There would be a few ways as to how I would technology in my classroom. One very helpful tool I would use is powerpoint. This allows me as a teacher to set-up organized notes and slides. Using pictures and videos in powerpoint help keep the students interested during lectures that some may find boring. I am going to try very hard to put together lesson plans that will keep students interested. Looking back, I can remember that I was very uninterested and bored in many classes I was in during high school. When I had teachers who made the class interesting, it seemed like I learned much more, and that’s what I intend to do with my students. I hope to one day be teaching History for high school students, most likely tenth grade World History.
I know that sometimes during lectures that use technology (powerpoint, video’s, computer use, etc.) students can feel invisible to the classroom rules. In order to keep that under control I might do several things. While showing a video clip, I will make sure to keep half of the lights in the room so that I will able to have vision of the students. During computer lessons, I will mark off what student is at what computer and check each and every website they went to during class. Also, to prevent them from going to bad or inappropriate websites, I will be walking around while I teach the class as much as possible.
www.youtube.com will be a very useful website for teaching history. I will be able to play clips from movies and educational programs without having to show the entire film. Just showing a few minutes of a clip will help to keep their attention more than an hour long film. Also, by showing clips I can just show the part that is interesting to teens, but make sure it is educational as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment